gives the geodesic opening of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the geodesic opening with respect to a range r square.
applies geodesic opening to an array of data.
- GeodesicOpening works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- GeodesicOpening works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- GeodesicOpening automatically pads structuring elements to have odd dimensions.
- GeodesicOpening[image,r] is equivalent to GeodesicOpening[image,BoxMatrix[r]].
- If multiple image channels are present, GeodesicOpening operates on each of them separately.