submits a task to evaluate expr in a separate kernel.
Details and Options
- LocalSubmit[…] returns TaskObject[…] to represent the task it creates.
- The following options can be given:
HandlerFunctions <||> how to handle generated events HandlerFunctionsKeys Automatic parameters to supply to handler functions
- During the execution of the task, the following events can be generated:
"TaskStarted" task is started "FailureOccurred" task could not be started "ScheduleTriggered" scheduled task evaluation is beginning "MessageGenerated" evaluation generated a message "PrintOutputGenerated" evaluation generated print output "ResultReceived" evaluation generated a result "ScheduleExecuted" scheduled task evaluation is executed "TaskStatusChanged" task status changed "TaskFinished" task is completely finished "TaskRemoved" task is being removed
- With the specification HandlerFunctions-><|…,"eventi"->fi,…|>, fi[assoc] is evaluated whenever eventi is generated. The elements of assoc have keys specified by the setting for HandlerFunctionsKeys.
- Possible keys specified by HandlerFunctionsKeys include:
"EvaluationExpression" expression being evaluated "EvaluationResult" result of the evaluation "Failure" failure object generated if task failed "MessageOutput" content of message generated "PrintOutput" content of print output generated "Task" the object representing the task "TaskStatus" the status of the task "TaskType" type of the task "TaskUUID" unique task identifier "EventName" the name of the event being handled
- The expression to evaluate is returned wrapped in Hold.
- For scheduled tasks, the following additional keys can be specified:
"Schedule" task schedule specification "RunInterval" interval between task runs "PreviousRunCount" number of times the task has already run "RemainingRunCount" number of times the task still has to run "TotalRunCount" total number of times the task is scheduled to run
- LocalSubmit initiates a new subkernel whenever it is called.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (8)
If the subkernel terminates before the evaluation is complete, a Failure object is generated:
Possible Issues (1)
Introduced in 2017