gives the logarithm of the gamma function .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- LogGamma[z] is analytic throughout the complex z plane, except for a single branch cut discontinuity along the negative real axis. Log[Gamma[z]] has a more complex branch cut structure.
- For certain special arguments, LogGamma automatically evaluates to exact values.
- LogGamma can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- LogGamma automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1991