- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The satisfy the recurrence relation with , .
- For any complex value of n the are given by the general formula , where is the golden ratio.
- The Lucas polynomial is the coefficient of in the expansion of .
- The Lucas polynomials satisfy the recurrence relation .
- LucasL can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- LucasL automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2007
(6.0)| Updated in 2008