attempts to find a simple function that yields the sequence when given successive integer arguments.
attempts to find a simple function that yields when given argument .
gives the function applied to n.
- The sequence elements can be either exact numbers or symbolic expressions.
- FindSequenceFunction finds results in terms of a wide range of integer functions, as well as implicit solutions to difference equations represented by DifferenceRoot.
- If FindSequenceFunction cannot find a simple function that yields the specified sequence, it returns unevaluated.
- The following options can be used:
FunctionSpace Automatic where to look for candidate simple functions Method Automatic method to use TimeConstraint 10 how many seconds to search a particular function space or perform a transformation ValidationLength Automatic sequence length used to validate a candidate function found
- FindSequenceFunction[list] by default uses earlier elements in list to find candidate simple functions, then validates the functions by looking at later elements.
- FindSequenceFunction[list] only returns functions that correctly reproduce all elements of list.