is an option for various image analysis and processing functions that specifies on which regions they should operate.
- Masking is also known as region of interest (ROI) or volume of interest (VOI).
- Masking->All operates on the entire image.
- With Masking->image, the region of interest corresponds to positive pixels in image.
- Masking->array operates on regions corresponding to positive values in array.
- When the region of interest is specified as an array or image, it is taken to be centered on the image to be processed.
- Masking->graphics rasterizes arbitrary graphics to the size of the image to be processed, and operates on regions that correspond to positive values in the raster.
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012