prints with all numbers in expr padded to leave room for a total of n digits.
prints with approximate real numbers having exactly f digits to the right of the decimal point.
- By default, PaddedForm pads with spaces on the left to leave room for n digits.
- PaddedForm pads with zeros on the right in approximate real numbers.
- The length n specified in PaddedForm counts only digits, and not signs, breaks between digits, and so on.
- PaddedForm takes the same options as NumberForm, but with some defaults different.
- You can use PaddedForm to align columns of numbers.
- PaddedForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
Introduced in 1991