prints with the elements of list arranged in an array of rectangular cells.
- The height of each row and the width of each column are determined by the maximum size of an element in the row or column.
- TableForm prints a single‐level list in a column. It prints a two‐level list as a two-dimensional table. More deeply nested lists are by default printed with successive dimensions alternating between rows and columns.
- Arrays in which all sublists at a particular level are not of the same length display as ragged tables. »
- The following options can be given:
TableAlignments Automatic how to align entries in each dimension TableDepth Infinity maximum number of levels to include TableDirections Column whether to arrange dimensions as rows or columns TableHeadings None how to label table entries TableSpacing Automatic how many spaces to put between entries in each dimension
- TableForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
Introduced in 1988