generates a legend that associates points of colors with labels .
generates a legend with placeholder labels for the colors .
represents a legend with inherited colors within visualization functions.
- PointLegend uses a point with color to identify label with elements in a visualization or other legended item.
- Legended[expr,PointLegend[…]] can be used to apply a legend to an arbitrary expression expr.
- The following options can be given:
Joined False whether to draw a joined line with the points LabelStyle Automatic style to use for labels LegendFunction Identity wrapper for the overall legend LegendLabel None overall label for legend LegendLayout Automatic legend layout to use LegendMargins Automatic space between legend content and boundaries LegendMarkers None shape of each point LegendMarkerSize Automatic size of the shape
- PointLegend is displayed in StandardForm as a table. In InputForm, it is displayed as an explicit list of colors and labels.
- In PointLegend, LegendLayout can have the following forms:
Automatic automatically determine layout "Row" display legend in a horizontal row "Column" display legend in a vertical column "ReversedRow" display reversed legend in a horizontal row "ReversedColumn" display reversed legend in a vertical column f apply f to construct the legend
- The layout specification f is applied to the table of values to generate the legend.
- LegendFunction is applied to the legend, including any overall label and margins.