prints out the 3D model using a 3D print previewer.
prints out the 3D model using the specified 3D printing service.
saves a print-ready form of the model to a file in the format indicated by the file extension ext.
Details and Options
- The model can be any 3D solid Graphics3D or 3D solid RegionQ object.
- Printout3D[model] sends the model to the print 3D previewer application specified in Preferences ▶ System ▶ Print 3D Previewer setting.
- Printout3D[model,service] will typically launch a preview webpage on the external 3D printing service.
- 3D printing services include:
"IMaterialise" i.materialise "Sculpteo" Sculpteo "Shapeways" Shapeways "3DHubs" 3D Hubs
- Printout3D[model,"file.ext"] attempts to save model in the appropriate format for the file, including "STL", "OBJ", and "DAE".
- The following options can be given:
Method Automatic method to use RegionSize Automatic the absolute size at which to print the model TargetUnits Automatic output units of the model Printout3DPreviewer $Printout3DPreviewer 3D print previewer to launch
- Printout3D[model] will automatically call the previewer specified by Printout3DPreviewer.
- Printout3DPreviewer can be used to launch the preview application for your 3D printer.
- Printout3D provides gateways to external 3D printing services. Its uses are subject to any restrictions associated with those services, and may require additional licensing and fees.