represents a quantity with size magnitude and the unit specified by unit.
assumes the magnitude of the specified unit to be 1.
- Quantity has attribute HoldRest and preserves the structure of unit.
- The specified unit should be a string or operation of strings representing the Quantity expression's unit value.
- Quantity[unit] will produce a canonicalized Quantity with a magnitude of 1.
- Quantity expressions can be created by using the Ctrl+Equal free-form linguistics interface.
- Quantity will automatically attempt to parse an unknown unit string to its canonical form.
- Supported units include all those specified by NIST Special Publication 811.
- For purely numeric units, such as percents, Normal[expr] converts a Quantity object to an ordinary number.
A Quantity represents a value associated with a specific unit:
Quantity will automatically attempt to interpret an unknown unit string: