computes a measure for the presence of a ridge for each pixel in image.
uses the specified ridge scale σ.
computes the ridge filter of two- or three-dimensional array.
Details and Options
- RidgeFilter computes the main principal curvature at each pixel.
- The main principal curvature orthogonal to a ridge is given by the main negative eigenvalue of the Hessian matrix.
- In RidgeFilter[image,σ], σ is the scale of the ridges that is used to compute the derivatives in the Hessian. By default, σ=1 is used.
- RidgeFilter works with arbitrary grayscale or multichannel 2D and 3D images, operating separately on each channel.
- RidgeFilter[image,…] returns a real image of the same dimensions as image.
- RidgeFilter supports the following options to compute the Hessian matrix and the main principal curvature:
InterpolationOrder Automatic interpolation order Padding "Fixed" padding method
- Possible settings for the InterpolationOrder option are 3, 4, 5, …, 9.
- The Padding option accepts the settings "Fixed", "Periodic", "Reversed", "Reflected", or a numeric value. A list of two settings can specify different paddings for each dimension.