computes the derivative of image in the vertical and horizontal directions.
computes the derivative at a Gaussian scale of standard deviation σ.
computes the derivative of array.
computes several derivatives , , ….
- DerivativeFilter is a linear filter that renders the derivatives of an image based on a spline interpolation model.
- DerivativeFilter uses the array coordinate system, where the first coordinate runs from the top to the bottom of image, and the second coordinate increases from right to left.
- DerivativeFilter works with arbitrary grayscale or multichannel images, operating separately on each channel.
- DerivativeFilter works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- DerivativeFilter[image,…] gives a real image of the same dimensions as image.
- DerivativeFilter can take the following options:
InterpolationOrder Automatic interpolation order up to 8 Padding "Fixed" padding method
- The derivation order has to be smaller than the specified interpolation order.
- Image derivatives are susceptible to noise. To counteract this effect, you can regularize the image or data by a Gaussian kernel of standard deviation σ. The default value is σ=0.
- The Padding option accepts the settings , , , , or a numeric value. A list of these settings can specify different paddings for every dimension of image or data.