takes the current selection in a notebook and creates a new cell containing the result obtained by evaluating the contents of the selection using the kernel.
sets the current selection after the evaluation to be as specified by sel.
- The first argument of SelectionEvaluateCreateCell is a NotebookObject.
- Possible settings for sel are as in NotebookWrite.
- The default for sel is After.
- SelectionEvaluateCreateCell[notebook,All] sets the current selection to be the cell corresponding to the result from the evaluation.
- SelectionEvaluateCreateCell performs the same underlying operation as typing Shift+Enter in the front end. It does not, however, have side effects such as incrementing $Line.