adds a fully opaque alpha channel to image.
sets the opacity of all pixels to a.
sets the alpha channel of image to aimage.
- SetAlphaChannel[image] is equivalent to SetAlphaChannel[image,1].
- SetAlphaChannel ignores opacity properties of image.
- SetAlphaChannel[image,graphics] uses an arbitrary Wolfram Language graphics object as the alpha channel.
- SetAlphaChannel works with images of explicit color spaces, that is, any setting of the ColorSpace option other than Automatic.
- SetAlphaChannel works with Image3D objects.
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012