tests whether matches the string pattern patt.
gives the list of results for each of the .
- StringMatchQ allows both ordinary StringExpression string patterns, as well as abbreviated string patterns containing the following metacharacters:
* zero or more characters @ one or more characters, excluding uppercase letters \\*, etc. literal *, etc.
- Verbatim["p"] specifies the verbatim string , with and treated literally.
- Setting the option IgnoreCase->True makes StringMatchQ treat lowercase and uppercase letters as equivalent.
- Setting the option SpellingCorrection->True makes StringMatchQ allow strings to match even if a small fraction of their characters are different.
- StringMatchQ[form][expr] is equivalent to StringMatchQ[expr,form].
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2016