gives a thumbnail version of an image.
gives a thumbnail of an image stored in a file.
gives a thumbnail of an image stored at a URL.
gives a thumbnail with the specified maximum pixel size.
- Possible sizes include Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large.
- In Thumbnail[file], file can be File["filename"] or .
- In Thumbnail[url], url can be URL["url"] or .
- Images in files or at URLs can be in any format supported by Import.
- For image formats such as JPEG, PNG, and TIFF that allow tiling, Thumbnail reads only necessary portions of files, allowing the creation of thumbnails even for images that would not fit in available memory.
- For multiframe images, Thumbnail gives a list of thumbnails, one for each frame.
- If image is smaller than the specified thumbnail size, padding is added around the image. Use Padding to specify the value of the padded pixels.
- With Padding->None, no padding is added to the small image dimensions.
- When applied to color images, Thumbnail always returns an RGB image.
- Thumbnail works with Image3D objects.