gives a thumbnail version of an image.
gives a thumbnail of an image stored in a file.
gives a thumbnail of an image stored at a URL.
gives a thumbnail with the specified maximum pixel size.
Details and Options
- Thumbnail can be used to create a small rendering of an image.
- In Thumbnail[image], image can be any arbitrary 2D or 3D image.
- When applied to color images, Thumbnail always returns an RGB image.
- In Thumbnail[file], file can be File["filename"] or "filename".
- In Thumbnail[url], url can be URL["url"] or "url".
- Images in files or at URLs can be in any format supported by Import.
- For image formats such as JPEG, PNG, and TIFF that allow tiling, Thumbnail reads only necessary portions of files, allowing the creation of thumbnails even for images that would not fit in available memory.
- For multi-frame images, Thumbnail gives a list of thumbnails, one for each frame.
- Possible settings for size specification include:
n n pixels in width or height UpTo[n] up to n pixels in width or height Tiny,Small,Medium,Large predefined sizes
- If image is smaller than the specified thumbnail size, padding is added around the image. Use Padding to specify the value of the padded pixels.
- With Padding->None, no padding is added to the small image dimensions.
- The following options can be given:
Background Automatic background to use when adding padding IncludeMetaInformation Automatic types of metadata to include Padding Automatic padding scheme to use