- Cells always returns a list if the value of notebook is valid. Otherwise, it returns $Failed.
- Cells can further refine the list of returned CellObject expressions by specifying one or more of the following options.
CellID cell IDs to match CellLabel In/Out label strings to match CellStyle named cell styles to match CellTags cell tags to match Evaluator cells that match the specified evaluator GeneratedCell match only generated output cells if True, or only non-generated cells if False
- When multiple options are passed to Cells, the return result will only include CellObject expressions matching cells that meet all conditions.
- If a list of values is given to any single option of Cells, then it will match any of the given values.
- If the selection in a notebook is inside of a cell, then Cells[NotebookSelection[notebook]] returns the cell containing the selection.
New in 9