replaces small connected components in a binary image image with background pixels.
replaces positive integers in a label matrix m with if their tally is small.
replaces components consisting of n or fewer elements.
- DeleteSmallComponents by default treats all pixels surrounding a given pixel as adjacent. A given pixel has eight adjacent pixels in 2D and 26 adjacent pixels in 3D.
- The option setting CornerNeighbors->False treats only the pixels in the coordinate directions as adjacent, which would include four pixels in 2D and six pixels in 3D.
- DeleteSmallComponents[input, Method->method] specifies the method to use to determine the pixel size of small components.
- The default setting is Method->"Cluster", corresponding to cluster variance maximization.
- Possible settings for the Method option include:
"Cluster" cluster variance maximization (Otsu's algorithm) "Mean" use the mean of component sizes as the threshold "Median" use the median of component sizes as the threshold