gives an array in which each pixel of image is replaced by an integer index representing the connected foreground image component in which the pixel lies.
treats values above t as foreground.
Details and Options
- MorphologicalComponents assigns sequential integers to different connected components and 0 to pixels that correspond to the background in the image.
- MorphologicalComponents[image] is equivalent to MorphologicalComponents[image,0].
- MorphologicalComponents works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- The following options can be specified:
CornerNeighbors True whether to include corner neighbors Method "Connected" connectivity method Padding 0 padding method to use
- The following Method settings can be specified:
"Connected" labels connected components "Nested" labels nested connected components "Convex" labels objects within non-overlapping convex regions "ConvexHull" finds non-overlapping convex hulls "BoundingBox" finds non-overlapping bounding boxes "BoundingDisk" finds non-overlapping bounding disks
- MorphologicalComponents[image,Method->"Connected"] also works with Image3D objects.