gives the morphological dilation of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the dilation with respect to a range-r square.
applies dilation to an array of data.
- Dilation works with binary, grayscale, or multichannel images, operating separately on each channel.
- Dilation works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- Dilation automatically adds zeros to structuring elements so that they have odd dimensions.
- Dilation[image, r] is equivalent to Dilation[image, BoxMatrix[r]].
- If multiple image channels are present, Dilation operates on each of them separately.
- Dilation takes a Padding option that specifies the values to assume for pixels outside the image.
- The default setting is Padding->0, corresponding to pixel value for all channels.
New in 7 | Last modified in 9