finds a geometric transformation between two geometries and , returning the alignment error together with the transformation function.
- FindGeometricTransform returns an expression of the form , where err is an estimate of the average alignment error, and trfun is a transformation function. The function trfun can be applied to the positions to align them with the positions .
- The geometries and can be given as lists of position coordinates or Mathematica graphics objects.
- FindGeometricTransform[image1, image2] uses corresponding points between the two images to find the geometric transformation.
- FindGeometricTransform works with points in any dimensions as well as with built-in 2D and 3D graphics primitives.
- FindGeometricTransform takes a option. By default, it automatically finds the most suitable geometric transformation for the given sets of positions.
- Possible settings for the option include:
"Translation" translation only "Rigid" translation and rotation "Similarity" translation, rotation, and scaling "Affine" linear transformation and translation "Perspective" linear fractional transformation
- FindGeometricTransform can take a Method option. The default setting is Method->Automatic, which chooses a suitable fitting method for calculating the transformation.
- Available fitting methods:
"Linear" linear solver based on SVD "RANSAC" random sample consensus method "FindFit" uses FindFit
- With the setting , some positions may be considered as outliers and may not be used to determine the geometric transformation.
New in 8