writes expr to a file.
Put[expr1, expr2, ..., "filename"]
writes a sequence of expressions to a file.
creates an empty file with the specified name.
- Put starts writing output at the beginning of the file. It deletes whatever was previously in the file.
- Put inserts a newline (line feed) at the end of its output.
- is equivalent to expr>>"filename". The double quotes can be omitted if the file name is of the form specified in "Operator Input Forms".
- It is conventional to use names that end with for files containing Mathematica input.
- Put by default writes expressions in InputForm.
- Put[OutputForm[expr], "filename"] generates OutputForm.
New in 1 | Last modified in 6