BUILT-IN MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
is a low-level box construct that represents the displayed object in notebook expressions.
- Inside \(...\) RadicalBox[x, n] can be input as .
- In a notebook a RadicalBox can be created using Ctrl+@ or Ctrl+2, then using Ctrl+% to move to the index position. Ctrl+Space moves out of the radical.
- In StandardForm and InputForm, RadicalBox[x, n] is interpreted on input as .
- The baseline of RadicalBox[x, n] is taken to be the baseline of x.
- If RadicalBox[x, n] does not fit on a single line, it is output as .
- In StandardForm, explicit RadicalBox objects are output literally. You can use DisplayForm to see the display form of such objects.
Display a letter under a radical with a root index:
A RadicalBox form is typically interpreted as a fractional power:
The TraditionalForm formatting for an root uses RadicalBox:
The formatted result looks like this:
New in 3