computes a measure for the presence of a ridge for each pixel in image.
uses the specified ridge scale .
- RidgeFilter computes the main principal curvature at each pixel.
- The main principal curvature orthogonal to a ridge is given by the main negative eigenvalue of the Hessian matrix.
- In RidgeFilter[image, ], is the scale of the ridges that is used to compute the derivatives in the Hessian.
- RidgeFilter[image] is equivalent to RidgeFilter[image, 1].
- RidgeFilter works with arbitrary grayscale or multichannel images, operating separately on each channel.
- RidgeFilter[image, ...] returns a real image of the same dimensions as image.
- RidgeFilter[array] computes the ridges in a two-dimensional array.
- RidgeFilter supports the following options to compute the Hessian matrix and the main principal curvature:
InterpolationOrder Automatic interpolation order Padding "Fixed" padding method
- Possible settings for the InterpolationOrder option are 3, 5, 7, or 9.
- The Padding option accepts the settings , , , , or a numeric value. A list of two settings can specify different paddings for each dimension.
New in 8