represents data that is used for describing a numerical region.
- NumericalRegion[…] is generated by ToNumericalRegion.
- In standard output format, the bounding box and a symbolic representation of the region, if any, are shown.
- NumericalRegion objects are used as input for InitializePDECoefficients, InitializeBoundaryConditions, and ToElementMesh.
- NumericalRegion contains at least one region representation. NumericalRegion may contain both a symbolic representation of the region and ElementMesh representations of the region.
- NumericalRegion has the following properties:
"BoundaryFunction" gives boundary function of symbolic region "BoundaryMesh" gives the boundary mesh if present "Bounds" gives the bounds "ClearCache" clears the cached meshes "Constraints" gives constraints "ElementMesh" gives the full mesh if present "EmbeddingDimension" gives the embedding dimensions "Predicates" gives the predicates of the region "PredicateVariables" gives the predicate variables of the region "Properties" gives the properties "SymbolicRegion" gives the symbolic region representation if any
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (6)
Extract the ElementMesh:
The ElementMesh field is now populated:
The boundary ElementMesh is now also populated:
Wolfram Research (2014), NumericalRegion, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/FEMDocumentation/ref/NumericalRegion.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "NumericalRegion." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/FEMDocumentation/ref/NumericalRegion.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). NumericalRegion. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/FEMDocumentation/ref/NumericalRegion.html