performs a test with null hypothesis μ=μ0.
Details and Options
- To use MeanTest, you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- MeanTest[list,μ0] gives a ‐value for the test that the mean of the population from which list was sampled is significantly different from μ0.
- If the variance is assumed known, MeanTest is based on the normal distribution.
- If the variance is not assumed known, MeanTest is based on Student's distribution with Length[list]-1 degrees of freedom.
- The following options can be given:
FullReport False whether to include detailed information about a test KnownVariance None variance of population SignificanceLevel None significance level of the test TwoSided False whether to perform a two-sided test
- With FullReport->True, MeanTest also returns the sample mean, the test statistic, and the distribution used to generate the -value.
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (2007), MeanTest, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/HypothesisTesting/ref/MeanTest.html.
Wolfram Language. 2007. "MeanTest." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/HypothesisTesting/ref/MeanTest.html.
Wolfram Language. (2007). MeanTest. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/HypothesisTesting/ref/MeanTest.html