allows you to control how exceptions thrown in .NET are handled in the Wolfram Language.
Details and Options
- To use $NETExceptionHandler, you first need to load .NET/Link using Needs["NETLink`"].
- The default behavior is for exceptions to appear as messages in the Wolfram System. To override this behavior (e.g. to temporarily silence messages from exceptions), assign a value to $NETExceptionHandler.
- The value of $NETExceptionHandler is treated as a function that will be passed three arguments:
symbol associated with the message usually the symbol NET message tag typically "netexceptn" or "netpexceptn" string description a descriptive string associated with the exception
- The tag "netexceptn" generally is used for a typical exception, while the tag "netpexceptn" is used for exceptions generated by a manual return, where the exception occurs after the function has sent its result back to the Wolfram Language.
- You can use GetNETException in a handler function to obtain the .NET exception object manually.
- Typically, $NETExceptionHandler is assigned in a Block.