gives the Euler characteristic of a poly.
- EulerCharacteristic is also known as Euler number or Euler–Poincaré characteristic.
- EulerCharacteristic is a topological invariant that describes the shape of the polyhedron, regardless of the way it is bent.
- The Euler characteristic for a polyhedron is given by , where is the number of vertices, the number of edges and the number of faces.
- A polyhedron with voids and tunnels satisfies .
- The Euler characteristic for a mesh region is given by χ=(-1)nMeshCellCount[poly,n].
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2019