returns the subgroup of elements of group that move none of the points p1, …, pn.
returns the stabilizer subgroup under the action given by the function f.
- The output is a subgroup of group defined by generators, but possibly using different generators.
- The stabilizer group is also known as the little group or isotropy group.
- The stabilizer of a list of points is a subgroup of the setwise stabilizer of the same list of points.
- Evaluation of f[p,g] for an action function f, a point p and a permutation g of the given group, is assumed to return another point p'.
- For permutation groups, the default group action is taken to be PermutationReplace.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012