Details and Options
- ImageMesh is also known as image-based meshing and converts 2D or 3D image data such as MRI or CT to a computer model. Constructed models can be used in a variety of ways, including finite elements methods (FEMs) for solving PDEs.
- ImageMesh works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, taking the nonzero pixels of the image as foreground.
- ImageMesh has the same options as BoundaryMeshRegion, with the following changes and additions:
CornerNeighbors True whether to connect foreground pixels diagonally across corners in 2D DataRange Automatic the range of mesh coordinates to generate Method Automatic the method to use
- In 2D, possible settings for Method include:
"Exact" exact representation of the contour "LinearSeparable" approximate contour by local linear separation "MarchingSquares" contour computed using marching squares "DualMarchingSquares" contour computed using dual marching squares
- In 3D, possible settings for Method include:
"Exact" exact representation of the surface "MarchingCubes" surface computed using marching cubes "DualMarchingCubes" surface computed using dual marching cubes
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2016