gives the inverse of the regularized incomplete beta function.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- With the regularized incomplete beta function defined by , InverseBetaRegularized[s,a,b] is the solution for z in .
- InverseBetaRegularized[z0,s,a,b] gives the inverse of BetaRegularized[z0,z,a,b].
- Note that the arguments of InverseBetaRegularized are arranged differently than in InverseGammaRegularized.
- For certain special arguments, InverseBetaRegularized automatically evaluates to exact values.
- InverseBetaRegularized can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- InverseBetaRegularized automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Numerical Evaluation (3)
Specific Values (4)
Generalizations & Extensions (2)
InverseBetaRegularized threads elementwise over lists:
Properties & Relations (2)
Introduced in 1996