- The default setting for NumberMarks is given by the value of $NumberMarks.
- NumberMarks->True indicates that ` should be used in all approximate numbers, both machine‐precision and arbitrary‐precision ones.
- NumberMarks->Automatic indicates that ` should be used in arbitrary‐precision but not machine‐precision numbers.
- NumberMarks->False indicates that ` should never be used in outputting numbers.
- Number marks are used to indicate the type of numbers, and their precision or accuracy.
- The *^ form for scientific notation is always used in InputForm, and is independent of NumberMarks.
Wolfram Research (1996), NumberMarks, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NumberMarks.html.
Wolfram Language. 1996. "NumberMarks." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NumberMarks.html.
Wolfram Language. (1996). NumberMarks. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NumberMarks.html