represents a renewal process with interarrival times distributed according to rdist.
- RenewalProcess is a continuous- or discrete-time and discrete-state process.
- RenewalProcess is a discrete-state and continuous-time or discrete-time process depending on rdist.
- The state is the number of events in the interval 0 to and .
- The distribution rdist can be any continuous or discrete distribution with positive domain.
- RenewalProcess can be used with such functions as Mean, PDF, Probability, and RandomFunction.
Examplesopen allclose all
Continuous Interarrival Distributions (2)
Discrete Interarrival Distributions (2)
Messages arrive at a communication line according to a two-phase hyperexponential distribution with phase probabilities 0.4 and 0.6. The average arrival times for the two phases are 4.8 milliseconds and 0.8 milliseconds, respectively. Simulate the process for 100 milliseconds:
Properties & Relations (2)
Wolfram Research (2012), RenewalProcess, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/RenewalProcess.html.
Wolfram Language. 2012. "RenewalProcess." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/RenewalProcess.html.
Wolfram Language. (2012). RenewalProcess. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/RenewalProcess.html