runs command as an external operating system command, returning the exit code obtained.
- For any expression expr, Run[expr] runs the string corresponding to OutputForm[expr] as an external operating system command.
- Run returns an integer that corresponds, when possible, to the exit code for the command returned by the operating system.
- In a notebook interface, the command executed by Run cannot take interactive input, and its textual output will not be displayed.
- In a terminal interface, the command executed by Run can display text and take standard input from the terminal.
- In a terminal interface, the input line !command will execute an external command.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Use TemplateApply to create the command string:
Wolfram Research (1988), Run, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Run.html.
Wolfram Language. 1988. "Run." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Run.html.
Wolfram Language. (1988). Run. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Run.html