- SystemsModelDelay[δ] makes it possible to represent systems involving time delays and efficiently manipulate, approximate, and simulate these systems.
- SystemsModelDelay[δ] is typeset in StandardForm as δ and can be entered using delay.
- For a StateSpaceModel, SystemsModelDelay[δ] can occur linearly in any of the system matrices. For a signal , SystemsModelDelay[δ]w[t] is taken to be .
- For a TransferFunctionModel, SystemsModelDelay[δ] can occur linearly in the coefficients of the polynomials. It is taken to represent a transformed time delay:
-δ s in a continuous-time system z-δ in a discrete-time system
- Here, s is the Laplace-transform variable, and z is the z-transform variable.
- For discrete-time systems, the delay δ is taken to be a multiple of the SamplingPeriod.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
A discrete-time system from a difference equation including SystemsModelDelay:
Properties & Relations (5)
Wolfram Research (2012), SystemsModelDelay, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SystemsModelDelay.html.
Wolfram Language. 2012. "SystemsModelDelay." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SystemsModelDelay.html.
Wolfram Language. (2012). SystemsModelDelay. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SystemsModelDelay.html