This information is part of the Modelica Standard Library maintained by the Modelica Association.
- Library Officer:
- Martin Otter
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Institut für Robotik und Mechatronik
Abteilung für Entwurfsorientierte Regelungstechnik
- The central idea to handle a certain class of overdetermined, consistent
set of differential algebraic equations (i.e., there are more equations than
unknowns) with symbolic transformation algorithms was developed together
with Hilding Elmqvist and Sven Erik Mattsson from Dassault Systèmes AB, Lund, Sweden.
The MultiBody library is heavily relying on this feature which is a
prerequisite for a truly "object-oriented" multi-body systems library,
where components can be connected together in any meaningful way.
- The Examples.Loops.EngineV6 demo of a six cylinder V6 engine with
6 planar loops and 1 degree of freedom is from Hilding Elmqvist and
Sven Erik Mattsson.
- Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Forces.LineForceWithMass is based on model
"RelativeDistance" from the Modelica VehicleDynamics library of
Johan Andreasson from Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- The 1-dim. components (Parts.Rotor1D, Parts.BevelGear1D, Mounting1D) and
Joints.GearConstraints are from Christian Schweiger.
- The design of this library is based on work carried out
in the EU RealSim project (Real-time Simulation for Design of
Multi-physics Systems) funded by the European Commission within
the Information Societies Technology (IST) programme under
contract number IST 1999-11979.