• Centroid is an option for Body that specifies the location of the centroid of a body.
• Centroid[bnum] returns a point object corresponding to the centroid of body bnum.
• The centroid of each body is initially located at the local origin of the body, unless otherwise specified.
• The default setting Centroid->Automatic leaves the current centroid location unchanged.
• See also: Inertia, Mass, SetBodies.
Load the Modeler2D package and define a simple model.
Here is the centroid of the link body, with the mass matrix and the centrifugal force vector. The mass matrix is constant and the centrifugal forces are zero--not functions of the orientation or angular velocity of the body--because the centroid is at the local origin.
If we move the centroid, the mass matrix and centrifugal forces are affected.