launches a kernel with the given specification.
launches kernels in parallel.
- RemoteKernelOpen is used by LaunchKernels to start a parallel kernel with the Lightweight Grid protocol.
- The argument to RemoteKernelOpen can be a hostname, a Lightweight Grid Manager URL, a RemoteServicesAgent expression, or a RemoteService expression.
- Use RemoteKernelClose or RemoteKernelCloseAll to close the kernel.
- With the default setting "LocalLinkMode"->"Connect", the remote kernel creates a link and Mathematica connects to it. With "LocalLinkMode"->"Create", Mathematica creates a link and the remote kernel connects to it. Some network configurations do not allow Mathematica to connect to links created on the remote computer, requiring "LocalLinkMode" -> "Create" to establish a connection.
- The following options can be given:
"LocalLinkMode" "Connect" how to establish the link "Service" "" names the service to launch "Timeout" 30 the timeout for the network connection, in seconds