is an option for notebooks and cloud objects that specifies whether to automatically make a copy when the object is opened.
- Possible settings include:
True always create and open a copy Automatic create a copy if you cannot edit the original False open the object itself
- On desktop systems, autocopied notebooks are untitled.
- In the cloud, autocopied notebooks maintain their original title when they are opened by a user other than their creator, and are given UUIDs as names when they are opened by their creator.
- On desktop systems, autocopyable notebooks can be modified by editing a copy, then using Save As with Autocopy checked to overwrite the original.
- In the cloud, an autocopied notebook has permissions determined by $Permissions, independent of the permissions for the original notebook.
Introduced in 2016