- Beta is a mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Beta[z,a,b] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex plane running from to .
- Beta[z0,z1,a,b] gives the generalized incomplete beta function .
- Note that the arguments in the incomplete form of Beta are arranged differently from those in the incomplete form of Gamma.
- For certain special arguments, Beta automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Beta can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Beta automatically threads over lists.
- In TraditionalForm, Beta is output using \[CapitalBeta].
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996