gives the Chebyshev polynomial of the first kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Explicit polynomials are given for integer n.
- For certain special arguments, ChebyshevT automatically evaluates to exact values.
- ChebyshevT can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- ChebyshevT automatically threads over lists.
- ChebyshevT[n,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1988