gives the Chebyshev polynomial of the second kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Explicit polynomials are given for integer n.
- For certain special arguments, ChebyshevU automatically evaluates to exact values.
- ChebyshevU can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- ChebyshevU automatically threads over lists.
- ChebyshevU[n,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to for noninteger n.
Introduced in 1988