returns a list of the for which the value of is maximal.
returns a list of the corresponding to the n largest .
- Values of are compared using the same canonical order as in Sort.
- The maximal are returned in the order they appear in the input.
- In the case of MaximalBy[list,f,n], the are sorted in the order of decreasing , with those having the same value of being taken in the order they appear in list.
- MaximalBy[list,f, UpTo[n]] gives n elements, or as many as are available.
- MaximalBy[f][expr] is equivalent to MaximalBy[expr,f].
Introduced in 2014
(10.0)| Updated in 2015