- In a numerical list, Ordering[list,n] gives the positions of the n smallest elements. Ordering[list,-n] gives the positions of the n largest elements.
- If there are several smallest elements in list, Ordering[list,1] will give only the position of the one that appears first.
- is the same as Sort[list].
- Ordering[list,seq] is equivalent to Take[Ordering[list],seq].
- Ordering[list,All,p] gives the position at which all elements of list appear in Sort[list,p].
- Ordering can be used on expressions with any head, not only List.
Introduced in 2000