- NumericalOrder provides a general alternative to canonical order in which numeric expressions, dates and Quantity objects are treated by value, but it is otherwise equivalent to canonical order.
- Quantity expressions with compatible units are compared to each other by magnitude after converting them to a common unit.
- DateObject expressions are compared to each other by AbsoluteTime.
- TimeObject expressions are compared by AbsoluteTime.
- NumericalOrder compares inexact numbers using all available significant digits. Unlike Equal, it does not allow any extra tolerance.
- NumericalOrder can be used as an ordering function in functions like Sort, OrderedQ or Ordering.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Properties & Relations (8)
Possible Issues (1)
Introduced in 2017