yields True if x is determined to be less than or equal to y.
yields True if the form a nondecreasing sequence.
- can be entered as x Esc<=Esc y or .
- LessEqual gives True or False when its arguments are real numbers.
- LessEqual does some simplification when its arguments are not numbers.
- For exact numeric quantities, LessEqual internally uses numerical approximations to establish numerical ordering. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
- In StandardForm, LessEqual is printed using .
- , entered as x Esc</Esc y or x∖[LessSlantEqual]y, can be used on input as an alternative to .
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996