gives the form of expr that would be obtained if symbols in it were replaced by explicit numerical expressions satisfying the assumptions assum.
Details and Options
- Assumptions can consist of equations, inequalities, domain specifications such as x∈Integers, and logical combinations of these.
- Refine can be used on equations, inequalities, and domain specifications.
- Quantities that appear algebraically in inequalities are always assumed to be real.
- Refine is one of the transformations tried by Simplify.
- The following options can be given:
Assumptions $Assumptions default assumptions to append to assum TimeConstraint 30 for how many seconds to try doing any particular transformation
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Refine evaluates to when a symbolic expression is assumed to be positive:
Properties & Relations (4)
Possible Issues (1)
Introduced in 2003