yields True if is determined to be greater than or equal to .
yields True if the form a non‐increasing sequence.
- can be entered as x Esc>=Esc y or .
- GreaterEqual gives True or False when its arguments are real numbers.
- GreaterEqual does some simplification when its arguments are not numbers.
- For exact numeric quantities, GreaterEqual internally uses numerical approximations to establish numerical ordering. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
- In StandardForm, GreaterEqual is printed using .
- , entered as x Esc>/Esc y or x∖[GreaterSlantEqual]y, can be used on input as an alternative to .
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996