gives the skeleton transform of image, in which the value of each skeleton pixel is its distance to the nearest background pixel.
treats values above t as foreground.
- SkeletonTransform effectively gives the medial axis of foreground objects multiplied with the distance transform.
- SkeletonTransform gives an Image object in which the value of each nonzero pixel is the absolute Euclidean distance in pixels to the nearest pixel of background.
- The inverse of SkeletonTransform can be computed using InverseDistanceTransform.
- For multichannel images, SkeletonTransform operates on the intensity averaged over all channels.
- SkeletonTransform[image] is equivalent to SkeletonTransform[image,0].
- A reduced medial axis can be obtained by setting "Reduced"->True.
- SkeletonTransform also supports a Padding option. The default setting is Padding->0.
Introduced in 2010